Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Blogging a New Book

Last year I wrote a little memoir to give to my family, sharing memories and stories from my past that I had never collected in one place before.  I expected that to be the only book I would ever write.

But sometimes inspiration dawns at odd times, as it did one day when I was sitting at brunch with friends in the Greenbrooke Community.  While telling them tales of the several times I have lost belongings or gotten lost myself while traveling, it occurred to me that it might be a good thing to gather my travel stories in one volume.  

Then another bright idea was presented to me by a fellow alum from my college:  she was suggesting that alums who are  "bloggers" might enjoy forming a group to share this experience.  It occurred to me that I could begin a blog to post chapters of the new book as my writing progresses.

My multiple watercolor journals which my daughters have “claimed” will provide the basis for this collection of stories.  Hopefully, they will be interesting to others as well. 
                          


1 comment:

  1. I look forward to hearing your stories and seeing your watercolors. :)

    ReplyDelete